Saturday, October 08, 2005

Employee of the Month- Seeds of discontent

My dear friend-
At this seeming standstill in life we like to call the early 20's it has come to
my attention that we must be on some sort of ridiculous trip. All of a sudden
there is no sudden urgency to what we are doing or why we are doing it. I guess
I should replace we with I. Cause your ability to go for it is admired in these
corners. Everyday I thank the sweet there-after that I have a friend of your
caliber to listen to my ridiculous whinings and constant, yet not so original
conundrums. For the sake of not sounding like a "cheese-dick" I will conclude in
saying that I am very grateful that you are my great friend and soul Brotha' who
seemingly knows me as well as I know myself. Granted you drive me crazy some
times, but we all do that to eachother....
Back to the subject at hand- me. It seems as though everyday, I find myself
questioning what I am doing and why I am doing it. Admittedly that is not at all
unique as everyone in our age bracket and beyond surely goes through the same
windfall of emotions and feelings. However, if it can be said that for some, if
not all, that being a unique individual- memorable for one reason or another- is
the penultimate goal of the basic human (As in we all want to be significant in
some way, not forgotton. That for some reason our life has meaning), then we all
are essentially the same. We all want to be unique and strive to individualize
ourselves in any way possible, so in trying to be unique- we are all trying to
be the same.
Now I have strayed from the course a bit. My focal point in writing this was to
voice out stuff that swirls amongst my little head and large jaw day in and day
out. In relation to what I am doing now, it's as if I could almost cry. Everyday
I come to work, which really isn't that bad, striving for something more. I've
always believed that we are destined for something bigger and better- we beiing
you and me. Call these delusions what you will but I feign to believe that you
feel the same. WHo knows where it will happen or how we will create it but it
will happen (won't it?). Having just spoken with Jack Pierce about his son
Keegan (who is Soccor editor at a Korean Newspaper and traveling Asia following
stories) there is a feeling of both inspiration and "oh-shit"ness that
overwhelms. Here is this former friend of ours doing it, making it happen- being
the unique individual that we all (me all) strive to be....... It's keeping up
with the jones's before I even have the chance to settle.
I guess there is not point to all of this other than that Your dedication
inspires, your friendship is cherished and your opinion and insight is valued
greater than gold. Forgive me in these times of confusion mi amigo, cause Lord
Knows I will be calling upon you just to hear me out at a time in the not so
distant future.
Keep it real CC, cause I know you will-
Tyler Kreitz
B53 QC Conformance
(I don't even know what that means)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home